Monday, May 4, 2009

Puppy News

Boy, I am still elbow deep in housebreaking the new puppy. He (Ozzy) is so adorable. My other 2 dogs have now accepted him into the pack and love him as a brother.

Today Ozzy got a walk around the block. Since he is only 15 weeks old, that took alot out of him so now he is taking a nap. This Wed. we start taking puppy training classes. I cant wait, he really needs these classes. Its been years since I have had to go thru training classes so I am really rusty. He is also needing to get use to being in the cage when I leave the house. He HATES it and cries alot when I put him there, but that is the breaks. The cage will also help me to house break him.

Yesterday I made some crackers. Everytime I make them, they just taste better and better. I now want to try my hand at baking other things too. But since there is only 2 of us, I cant bake too much at one time unless I am going to make room in my freezer for these things. I have also been making my own doggie treats and I am finding it to be quite rewarding.

Just typing about baking has put me in the mood to bake. Maybe after the dogs wake up from their nap, I can make some biscotti-its easy and there is room in the freezer for it.

Here is the link to the Double Chocolate Walnut Biscotti that I made about 2 weeks ago-it was awesome! http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Double-Chocolate-Walnut-Biscotti-10994 I substituted pecans for walnuts tho-its a Texas thing...ha. If you have never made Biscotti, do not let it intimidate you its surprisingly easy. Really...try it and see..

No comments: