Monday, August 23, 2010

PET INK REVIEW


I WAS GIVEN A NEW PRODUCT TO REVIEW CALLED 'PET-INK'.
PET-INK IS A TEMPORARY TATTOO STENCIL THAT YOU CAN CREATE ON YOUR DOGS COAT.

I was excited to try this since I am a dog lover and we have 3 dogs. We have 2 Standard Poodles and a soft coated wheaten terrier The Terrier (Ozzy) was too hairy to do a temp tattoo on and the Poodles (even tho they were recently groomed) their hair was too long also. Since I was going to my dads house this past weekend, I took the kit with me and my brother Miles and I tattooed his Rat Terrier "Penny". Since it was a short haired dog, this was the best option. And since it was my brothers dog, he got to choose the tattoos.

We followed the directions on the kit. The hair on the dog seemed to absorb the ink fast, but it would run a little. The hardest part is getting the dog to chill out while applying this ink. Best advice, do this outdoors and away from any lawn furniture. If this ink gets on any furniture, it will be stained.


After we applied 2 tattoos to Penny we took this pic.
Money sign on her rump and a trucker girl on her rib cage.

Here is a close up pic.

In the package it says that it cleans up easily. So since my brother still had to clean the swimming pool, we thru Penny in the pool to clean her up...its was partially entertaining for us too.


This is how it looked after throwing Penny into a clorinated swimming pool.
We actually liked the way that it looked after it was cleaned up too!

PET-INK would like to offer 25% off their purchases
at http://www.pet-ink.com/.  Just enter code PROMO25 while checking
out. This expires October 1st.

1 comment:

Denise said...

It appears to me that the ink might have been put on a bit thick. If you layer the ink on in thin coats, allowing them to dry completely before putting on another layer, you will not have the ink run under the stencil and therefore it will not appear to be smeared. Dogs naturally have thick hairs and it takes time for the color to penetrate into the hairs. Also the chlorinated water did not help the brightness of the tattoo. Just like when a person dyes their own hair, chlorine will make it fade much faster. All in all, if you have the time to do thin layers and rinse with clear water, these tattoos will apply without smearing and will last up to a couple of weeks. Thanks for trying them.