Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Im back!! Here is the latest on my mom:

Im back from San Antonio.

Here is the update on my mom:

My mom (Marge Hall..but going by Mary Hall at the hospital) is out of the "red zone" now and that wasnt easy. It has been a very rough weekend. And she is still very weak.

Yesterday she was able to have liquids for the first time...she hasnt eaten in about 10 days. She really likes the sugar free popsicles they let her have because cold things reallly feel good on her throat. She needs to get her strength up.

She is starting some physical therapy now. They got her to sit up on the edge of the bed yesterday. Believe it or not, that was ALOT of work to do.

I gave her a BIG massage yersteday to help with the adema. It helped her to feel better and it seemed to bring some color back to her skin. But as a massage therapist, that was a hard massage to do...doing a massage on someone in a hospital bed is HARD! I now have a very sore back but since my mom is so much more discomfortable than I am-its hard for me to complain.

Dad told me that today they are going to try to get her to stand. Hopefully that will help with the swelling going on in her feet, legs, arms and hands. ...

She will not let Dad leave the hospital. And he badly needs a break. I most likely will have to go back to the hospital this weekend to allow him some time to rest.

She will not allow ANYONE but family to visit her at the hospital. So no visitors. **She is a little vain and doesnt want anyone to see her looking bad-ha.

I would like to thank those that wrote to me enquiring about her and gave her good wishes. I did read those emails to her and she was so happy to have gotten them. They really lifted her spirits when she felt so terribly bad.

But BIG kidos go out to the nurses at St. Lukes Hospital in San Antonio. And to all nurses everywhere. They are the backbone of the medical industry and these people work HARD!! Nurses are saints!!!

I am going to go back to San Antonio and stay w/ my mom this coming weekend. I will also be doing something extra for the nurses on the 4th floor where my mom is. I feel its the least that I can do for them since they have had to put up with me for 3 days-ha...

Free Signature Generator

Free Signature Generator

No comments: