Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Greenling.com ROCKS!


If you are in the Austin,TX area you should really check out Greenling.com. You may have seen their funky vans around town. Greenling is a local company that sells local organic groceries & produce, then they deliver it to your house for FREE (and we all know how much I love free delivery) when you make a $25 purchase. How cool is that?

And I found out that they deliver groceries to my area 2 times a week. So if I should happen to need extra groceries (maybe for a dinner party or something), then I can have them deliver 2 times a week. Guaranteed freshness…

Yesterday I received my order from http://www.greenling.com/ and I was pretty impressed with my selection of local veggies/groceries that I received. I ordered a $35 local seasonal ‘produce basket’ as well as three $2 surprise packages too. You may think I was a bit daring to do that, but I love surprises and it didn’t disappoint.

Here is a list of some of the fresh produce that was offered this week (they even let you know what farm your produce comes from):


Red Onion - Naegelin Farm
Okra - Bradshaw/McCall
Microgreens - Bella Verdi
Bibb Lettuce - Bella Verdi
Persimmons - G&S Groves
Gala Apples - Apple Country
3 Bean Mix - Animal Farm
Butternut Squash - Animal Farm
Globe Eggplant - McCall Creek
Grape Tomatoes - Pedernales Farm
And you can see from my pic that I got ALL of those veggies in the local produce basket!!

**I also ordered some tofu that was left out of the pic.

As you know, I just got back from my vacation in Ireland. The food was NOT great there and for some weird reason ALL of the produce I had there (including some that I purchased at grocery stores while in Ireland) was bland tasting. I bought Tomatoes, lettuce and figs and NONE of them had ANY taste to them. I know Ireland gets lots of rain, but maybe they don’t get enough sun or something.

Anyways, it was really nice coming home from a vacation of very bland food and having local organic delicious tasting produce delivered right to my door! Next time, I am going to have to remember to order some bakery items also..(note to self).

My review for Greenling is 2 thumbs up!!! Try it, you will not be disappointed!


No comments: